Connected Classrooms and Regulation Toolbox
for Secondary Schools
1 Hour 45 Minute Workshop Recording
Access to Support Group
In the post-pandemic classroom, most schools have noticed a significant increase in dysregulated behaviour in students. Often this requires behaviour management techniques which interrupt essential learning time in the classroom. The key is learning to provide safety, connection, compassion and consistency so that your students can become more engaged, resilient and independent learners.
The Connected Classrooms and Regulation Toolbox provides evidence-based training as the foundation of your work toward becoming a Trauma Smart Educator and building a Trauma Smart School Community. It is the second educator workshop in the Trauma Smart Schools Training Program.
This is a 1 hour 45 minute pre-recorded workshop PLUS practical learning activities and reflection exercises. The workshop also includes downloadable slides for you to use as you follow along and a ready-to-use printables section.
What you’ll learn?
- How to create consistency, safety, connection, and belonging in the classroom.
- Meet and greet routines and daily check-ins.
- How to use co-regulation skills to provide safety to others.
- How to use class meetings to grow connection and safety.
- Practical techniques to use in class that build more student agency, connectedness and decrease behaviour management issues.
- Building Mindful Classrooms and Calm Brain Moments to resource and regulate.
Who is it for?
Educators who are looking to understand more about how to build connected classrooms. And those who want to learn evidence-based tools and techniques to aid regulation and stress behaviours in students.
- A 1 hour 45 minute pre-recorded workshop.
- Printable templates ready for classroom use.
- Lots of practical activities and reflection tasks to support your learning.
- Downloadable and printable slides for you to use as you follow along.
Offered as an individual workshop, or as part of the Trauma Smart Schools program for Secondary Schools.
What You'll Learn
You’ll learn a variety of evidence-based techniques to help you build more connected classrooms.
You’ll learn lots of powerful coregulation relationship strategies to enhance classroom relationships, promote safety, connection, and learning in the modern classroom.
Understand the power of taking mindful moments to resource, regulate and manage student’s stress responses which affect learning potential.
You’ll learn practical strategies to promote whole brain learning, student agency, and decrease behaviour management issues.