Waiting List – Glow Bugs Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Group for Primary Children
About Glow Bugs Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Group for Primary Children
Through stories, songs, creativity, awesome props, the rainbow parachute, a giant breathing ball, feathers, bubbles, music, dress ups and games, kids will be introduced to fun yoga poses, breathing exercises, self-expression activities & mindfulness. Classes will include partner yoga, dance and movement, stories, group work, art, guided imagery, mindfulness, relaxation, and lots of laughter!!!
Yoga and Mindfulness help children:
- Improve attention and emotional control, promote self-esteem and creative expression;
- Learn emotional self-regulation to aid stress and anxiety behaviours;
- Strengthen their parasympathetic nervous system (through breath, stillness, and relaxation);
- Learn to identify and label their emotions and become tuned into their body states;
- Improve strength, body awareness and flexibility of muscles;
- Improve prosocial skills such as sharing, empathy, compassion, kindness and teamwork;
- Integrate thoughts and emotions, balancing the frontal lobe (executive functions) with the hindbrain;
- Integrate left and right brain and stimulates mirror neurons involved in connection and sense of belonging.
Ages: 5-9 years